Week5 3D scanning and printing (Feb 24)
Assignment: Test the design rules for MakerBot Replicator 2 by Tolerance Test file.
The Printer Temperature is too high cause PLA material jams motor. The reason is the fin installation wrong.
The Raft height is too large. Set the Raft height.
The layer height is too large and the Edge is warped, adjust the Raft parameters.
The printing is fail and come out mill ware and not extruded, set the Infill Pattern.
It is my test process.
Assignment: 3D scan an object.
Scanning name: Sense;
Clean and design the scanner with 3DsMax with the Paint Deform tool.
Set the Print parameters.
Assignment: design and 3D print an object (small, few cm).
Design the model with Autodesk 123D design and export the .stl file.
Set the print parameter.
1. Adjust the platform's level until the extruder is normal worked.
2. Set the Home position, preheat the extruder before printing, and make a extruded test so that the printer is normal worked.
3. If the printer couldn't extruded , you can adjust the layer height ,extrusion speeds and change the infill pattern.
4. If the first layer become warped, you can relieve this phenomenon by changing the parameter about the Raft, Print Speed, Layer Height.
5. Keep the body stable and leave the scanner half a meter distance in the process of scanning.
6. The Raft layer height is too large cause the layer warp.
1.Understood that 3D printing matericals were difference between ABS and PLA.
2.Used 3D printing to print some model.
3.Used 3D scannig to scan myself and print it.