Final project summary
My final project for the FabAcademy2016 is a bluetooth low energy (BLE) weather station with its associated smartphone (in my case iphone) app. In this page I summarize the different steps that have been required to obtained a fully functionnal prototype. More details can be found on the PROJECT DEVELOPMENT page. The general scheme is the following:
It consists of sensors (Temperature, Humidity, Pressure) sending data to a fabduino which itself sends the same data using bluetooth low energy (BLE) to a smartphone app. Here is the final result for the weather station:
and here is a screenshot of the smartphone app:
Of course with a bit more time I could have get rid of the cable, integrate the fabduino, the regulator, sensors and bluetooth transceiver on the same board but I chose to prioritize a functionnal prototype. Creating the smartphone app took also a very significant amount of time.
Here is a video showing the prototype working with its app.
Bill Of Materials (BOM)
Bluetooth Low Energy Transceiver
- HM10 module - $9.90
Fabduino - Fabkit 0.4
The BOM in excel format can be found here.
- grove cables
- 4 AAA rechargeable batteries
- battery casing
- LM7805 + 2 electrolytic capacitors 10 uF + 2 pin headers
- acrylic sheet 600 mm x 300 mm, 3 mm thick
- Inkscape svg file final_project.svg
- OpenSCAD file final_project.scad
- Inkscape svg file final_project_box.svg
- KiCAD project file regulator.pro
- KiCAD schematic file regulator.sch
- KiCAD board file regulator.kicad_pcb.sch
Firmware and libraries
- Grove - Temperature and Humidity Sensor Pro library for the arduino IDE Humidity_Temperature_Sensor_pro.zip
- Grove - Barometer (High-Accuracy) library for the arduino IDE Grove_Barometer_HP20x-master.zip
- Firmware (arduino sketch) dht22_barometer_ble_bytes_fabduino_wo_serial.ino
- archive of www folder containins html, css and js files www.zip
Update after 1st evaluation round
After 1st evaluation round, I was asked to include 3d printed parts in my final project. I decided to redesign and 3d print a new box for my weather station. The details can be found in the project development section.
The files for this new box are available below:
- STP file for the final box final-project-final-box.stp
- STL file for the final box final-project-final-box.stl
- SVG file of the base plate for the final box final-project-base.svg
This project is licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) License.