Last week 4 I drew an ISP, now it's time to program it.
I started by following the instructions on the site "FabISP: Programing", to program the card on my Mac computer.
I started by downloading and installing on my Mac from:
XCode from the Apple App Store
FabISP Firmware for MacOS 10.8.2
I connected the FabISP Board I made, in the programmer plugged in to the 6-pin programming header. The light from my ISP came on.
Then I edited Makefile with TextEdit, putting the "atmelice" in the line corresponding to the white programmer with a blue line, which is what I was using. As an example:
AVRDUDE = avrdude -c atmelice -P usb -p $ (DEVICE)
I saved the file and ran on the command line, the commands:
They ran successfully.
Then I prescited to set the fuses on your board with the external clock, so I ran the command:
That did not work.
The mistake was that the Mac did not have the drives to read the correct ISP. I tried installing the drives but I could not solve the problem.
So I went to a computer with Ubuntu and repeated the process. When it came time for set the fuses, I also could not program the board.
At this point I realized that my problem was not in the programmer, but in my ISP board. Some component was badly welded and the connections were not being done well.
So I started soldering a new ISP board.
I made several attempts to program my second ISP board that also did not work.
I was about to give up, but I decided to re-produce a new ISP board.
This time I was more careful with the board. After cutting the board at the milling machine, I rubbed the board very well to remove some burrs and started to weld again.
And I ran the command:
Avrdude -P com18 -b 19200 -c avrisp -p attiny45 -U flash: w: main.hex
This time my ISPboard started programming. Wooo! Success!
After that I connected my ISPboard directly to the computer to verify if myISP is working correctly.
I wrote "lsusb" at the command line on a ubuntu and mac computer and did not recognize my ISP. On windows I tried to look for the USB and also did not recognize.
This time the problem was because it had a wrong resistance. I changed resistance and it was okay.
The last step was to remove the 0 ohm resistor and solder bridge.
And now my ISP can be used as a programmer to program other boards.