Hi! I'm Guillaume Teyssié, a 28 years old French millennial passionated about MakingGood
: I love travelling, embracing new cultures and learning new languages. This brought me to places like India, Africa, South America where I've been traveling and countries like England, Sweden, China, Hong Kong where I've been living. In 2014, I've moved in lovely Barcelona.
Protecting the environment
: I'm a nature lover, sustainable development defender and big fan of outdoors activities like rock climbing, slacklining, scuba diving and flyfishing.
Brush your mind
as you do for your teeth (Bhutanese Proverbs). I've discovered yoga and meditation 2 years ago and can't live without it :)
Social capital is as important as financial capital
: Sociability, social capital and community development is what make your life taste better. What do you think ?
: The only stuff that you can't learn is passion.
: I simply can't work on something that does not make sense or doesn't benefit some greater good. The crux is to find a sustainable way to live from it :)
Favorite quote “You must be the change you wish to see in the world” - Mahatma Gandhi
When it come to work, I'm a millenial :) When I get bored, I'm going to the next challenge ! I've an Engineering background with business and creative skillsets and worked in the field of Renewable Energy, Electric Mobility and the Smart City sector for both startups and international corporations:
- 2005-2010 - Master of Engineering: Materials and Sustainable Energy (France, England, Sweden)
- 2010-2011 - R&D Engineer on Solar Fotovoltaic and Smart Grid projects (France)
- 2011-2012 - Post-Master: International Energy Management (France, China) // Project Management Driv'Eco an electric vehicle charging infrastructure network project which aims to Electric Vehicle from solar fotovoltaic
- 2012-2014 - Project Management: Wise City Hong Kong is a Smart City multi-company initiative in collaboration with Hong Kong Government (Hong Kong)
- 2014-2015 - Strategy: Part of Schneider Electric global smart city team (Barcelona)
- 2015-2016 - Project Management: Smart City App Hack is a global initiative involving several worldwide smart cities sharing similar challenges and vision: how to turn citizens into solutions builders, empowering them to make apps and businesses that will make for a better city (Barcelona)
In the last 3 months, I've been feeling a strong need to do more manual stuff, work for my own and get closer to the nature while keeping a foot in the technological and city's innovation world.
So at the end of December 2015, I dropped my job and started to explore complete new fields and business ideas, like the development of a flyshing collaborative platform, or the development of drinking water monitoring system, etc. On the way I've been having a lot of very interesting conversations and long discussions with passionate people....
Along the way, a topic discussed with my godfather drawn my attention: Aquaponics
Aquaponics is an agricultural technique that has anciants roots in the powerful times of the Aztec and abundance of ancient China. It offers the possibility to grow organic plants and fish in a symbiotic environment using 95% less water compare to classical agriculture
. Curious to learn more about it, I started to do some research and found the aquaponics approach and possibilities were amazing, especially in the city context! I've seen in Aquaponics, an opportunity to connect various of my interests, skills, and values. So this is how Aquapioneers
project is born !