I made "Invetory Bot". This is a system that can easily pick up parts and manage inventory.
I made this system in order to solve the following system.
At first, I made a frame of core XZ with commercially available parts.
Steal shaft(SUJ2)φ8x400mm (for vertical movement)
Steal shaft(SUJ2)φ10x400mm (for horizontal movement)
Nuts and bolts
Other parts, gears and joint parts etc, were made with 3D printer or lazer cutter.
I used 3D pulley generator 'p.scad' to make GT2 pulley. This is an openscad program.
Joint and base
Limit swich holder.
pulley and slider
Timing belt holder
Assembled and put on a timing belt.
Servo is attached to the head part of core XZ.And 3D printed part like cam is mounted on the head of the servo. When servo rotates, this part pushes out drawer from the back.
I made chest and drawers to fit core XZ. The main parts were made by lezercutter.
After cutting MDF, I painted it with aqueous stain.
Assembled them. Because I didn't consider the thickness of the paint,the slot dimension was too tight.
The drawer was also made with a laser cutter.
The movement range of the head is limited, so not all drawers are pushed out. Drawers other than the moving area have holes to hook your fingers, but there are no holes in other drawers. The reason for this is to ensure inventory management by preventing drawers from being opened by hand.
At first, I made inventory list. This list has the following columns.
The interface was made with processing. If the part name matches exactly, the corresponding box number is send to arduino with serial communication.
The quantity of inventory decrease at the same time as taking parts.inventoryBot.pde:
At first, I used Arduino UNO and motordriver'TB6674PG' to control devices.And then I tried to make 2 boards 'micro contoroller board' and 'motordriver board'. The reason I made them separately is because I thought that it is easy to fix the bugs. In addition when making controller board separately, it can be used for other purposes.
I selected ATmega328P-AU for the controller board. When disigning schematic data, I referred to Fabduino.(External clock was 8MHz)
I made schematic data and board layout data with EAGLE.
I created cut data with fabmodules. Since the interval between the pins of ATmega328P-AU is very narrow, I set the cutting conditions finely.
Soldering all parts
After that, I set the development environment. Add the following URL in the preference window. https://mcudude.github.io/MiniCore/package_MCUdude_MiniCore_index.json
Serch and install 'MiniCore' in the board manager.
Set as follow,and burn bootloader
Circuits for motor drive were created in the same way. I selected TA7774FG as a motor driver.This chip has the same pin assingment and similar function with TB6674PG. A jack for power supply was attached so that power could be supplied from the AC adapter.
Finlly,soldering all parts
After connecting each pins I run progra. 2 stepperm motors moves as programmed.It was suceeded.So I replaced this new boards with a Arduino UNO & breadboad system.
When the quantities of parts become less than the specified value, the user puts black paper (signboard) on the back of the drawer. When the inventory checking operation is performed, the photo reflector mounted on the head of the core XY screen all drawers and determine the color of the back of the drawer. And then, the system notify the administrator of information on parts with low stock by e-mail.