Developing application fonctioning with IOS wich is very popular in theater.
Build a machine very quiet, silence is beautiful.
Here's the first step of 3D modelling with
And a drawing of the connection panel with Sketchup and render with Maxwell.
After few weeks, the project seems to be more like that:
I started with the connections and display panel. I used Inkscape and the laser.
This is the first test with cardboard.
And a second one with painted 3mm MDF.
Finally, I changed my mind and added Four switches and used hammered gray paint.
Oups, it's too late... I missed the mill. Glueing the plywood
A classic convectional cooling system above the power supply, it should be enough.
Holes from screws filled with Coachbuilder's filler, and first primer surfacer.
Here's the hammered paint, I mix two different colors to obtain this shade of blue. I used air gun .
It is time to integrate the display and the connecting panel.
Mounting the stepper and the driver.
Wiring is a mess and I want to make something clean. I used hot glue to tame the wires.
You know what? : I like it !
Now, the pulley, 3D printed with PLA, the middle part is 30 mm plywood milled with Shopbot.
Glued with Epoxy and screwed.
The metal support axle is coming from an old laser printer found in the trash.
And Finally, the code:
I'm running out of time, more comments will coming soon...
In order to track my progress,I need to reply some questions:
- What is the deadline ? How much time do I left ?
-I'm over the deadline now ! Oups !
- What tasks have been completed and what tasks remain ?
- W1: As I never made a website, progress are very effective.
- W2: I already knew a bit about 2D but 3D was quite new to me, I learned a lot and discovered a fantastic software: Antimony.
- W3: This is my favorite, CNC and laser cut are kettled now.
- W4: Electronics is a part of my initial training, I enjoyed to make my own boards from A to Z.
- W5: 3D scanning was very new to me, I had to develop this skill.
- W6: Design, milling, soldering are now tasks I can do, it's a great opportunity for the future.
- W7: As I'm a maker, this week was very interesting, I do love large CNC, I have many project with ShopBot.
- W8: I was an absolute beginner, progress are noteworthy but I have to progress again.
- W9/W10: I really enjoyed the collective effort, I contributed a lot about mechanical design, I regret to had no time to be more implicated with programming.
- W11: During this week, I began to program with Arduino, I had issues but I progressed again.
- W12: I never used molding, I liked it, the parts made are useful.
- W13: Output, was a major part of my project, I discovered during this week many things about programming.
- W14: As I'm a sailor, I already knew a bit about composite, it was fun.
- W15: A really important task to me, I understood how to communicate with serial, a great moment.
- W16: Creating an application was really a pleasure, it was easier than planned even if it takes lot of time.
- W17: Maybe the worst part for me, I was really busy with my final project at this time, I have to spend time on this question soon...
- What has worked ?
- The project was ready in time, it gets up and running, packaging is good.
- What hasn't ?
- The DMX input is not fully operating for now, it has to be fixed in a few weeks.
- What question has to be resolved ?
- Actually, I don't know exactly the maximun weight the machine could rise. Tests are scheduled.
- What have you learned ?
- Oh, so many things ! I understood that programming is not incomprehensible, this opens new avenues to me.
The BOM :
Electronic parts :
- One large stepper motor NEMA 23 and his appropriate 6Amp driver M542T
- One custom 5V and 3.3V regulator board (LM7805, capacitors and a few resistors
- One 24V 7Amp power supply
- One hello arduino board or comercial Arduino Uno
- one ten bits DIL encoder, a 10 bits decade counter 74HC4017 to set DMX adress
- Connectors : one female shouko, two XLR 5 points (one male, one female)
- Small components : one power switch, four micro-switches, three leds (red, blue, yellow)
Mechanical parts :
- 10mm plywood to build the box
- 3mm MDF to make the display panel
- coating, painting
- One pulley made with PLA and 25mm plywood
- Two theater hooks, one lifting hook, one security sling (this is important for safety)