From the previous years of Fabacademy we have a lot of projects that are very useful and pertmit to us to understand how it works the production of mostly everything. One of this project is a arduino clone "Satshakit". It exists in several realizations and may be used during our assignments instead of Arduino fabric one.
When we received Roland machine, we decided to build satshakit to speedup some assignments. So let see how it was done.
After analyzis different sashakits existing in media folder - we selected satshakit_cnc as one that can be realized by us. Selection was done by following parameters - cutting method, distance between the traces and delivered functionalities.
Selection is the Satshakit CNC. 1/64" milling bit pass without problem and will cut PCB. It does not have multinode functinality, but it deliver what we require. Here is the traces and holes
We cut it on roland. And I started soldering. It is the first time when I will solder component with so many pins. But it happens very easy. Using the flux (just a small amount on each trace before I placed AVR) and the standa soldering iron (no hot air gun used). Here is the result.
Then soldering all other components. As well for the head pins I decided to solder them up side down. This will permit them to resist pulling (because of soldered end) and pushing force (because of restance of plastic protection). And if I will use it
a lot - it will be a good choice. As well the bottom side will permit to me in the future just write name of pins or even make a vinyl cut with names of pins and attach it on the bottom side.
Let start programming. Regarding the documentation I connected my board by using the programmer (I have on usbasp). Then using the Arduino IDE I selected Arduino UNO as the board (because Satshakit is compatible with it), selected right programmer. And I did "Burn Bootloader" via the arduino IDE.