The idea I have is developing a handrail with two bases, like feet. Both bases have two axial joints which will be triggered by controller boards in each base. These boards should fullfill following features:
- They need to read the position of the other controller board or rather base.
- They need to "see" where their base can be put and fixed.
- They need to be able to trigger their step motors depending on current positions.
- They need to stop the axial motors alternate when their base is set on the floor.
- They need to be able to intercommunicate, to "tell" each other relevant positions of their related base.
For the walking process there will be a prepared walkway surface: a hole grid plattform maybe outfitted with plunged magnets.
Some schematic drafts:
Ideas for Application
- Crewed Spaceflight: following or ahead walking handrail
- Walking up walls or supports of construction sites: carrying something up
- Mobile "Helping Hand": as a mobile walking frame along the wall
- self-constructive and self-removable wall ladder: e.g. for canalizations
- Further developed for self-assembling systems such as Buckydomes and other
The sketches below show some ideas about technical and mechanical solutions: