I manage to program the board but every time I would run the python program it would freeze and the application would be not responding. I asked Bas for help and we tried to check if the timing is right using osciloscope.
It seemed to be ok. Than we tried to change the code but it was still not working.
Afterwords I realised I accidentaly downloaded the wrong .make file. Once I programmed the board again it all seemed to work ok.
I have learned how to use osciloscope and did some trouble shooting. I will continue working on it this week towards the networking. I would like to use this board in my final project. I have redesigned this board - you can see it in the networking week.
I have redesigned the board for the networking week adding an extra 2x2 pin and the crystal. Due to the changes I made I also had to change ATtiny45 to ATtiny44 and redesign the board.
Changing the .make file.
When trying to program the board I got an error.
I looked into the datasheet for the 44. I found the ADMUX register to see which bits can be set.
I deleted REFS2 from the code and it worked. The other error apeared to be with the fuses.
Below you can see the board working on the prototype of the dog - my final project.