Greetings, here lies my work-log at
______ _ ___ _ _____ _____ __ ______
| ___| | | / _ \ | | / __ \| _ |/ | |___ /
| |_ __ _| |__ / /_\ \ ___ __ _ __| | ___ _ __ ___ _ _ `' / /'| |/' |`| | / /
| _/ _` | '_ \| _ |/ __/ _` |/ _` |/ _ \ '_ ` _ \| | | | / / | /| | | | / /
| || (_| | |_) | | | | (_| (_| | (_| | __/ | | | | | |_| | ./ /___\ |_/ /_| |_./ /
\_| \__,_|_.__/\_| |_/\___\__,_|\__,_|\___|_| |_| |_|\__, | \_____/ \___/ \___/\_/
project development and conclusions
- Evaluate project plan
- Apply time management techniques
- Summarise and communicate the essence of a project
Final Countdown to D-Day
- what is the deadline? How much time do I have left?
- Deadline = 19/01/2017, i have an infinitismal amount of time left ( a week), never seems enough
- what tasks have been completed, and what tasks remain?
- The mould for laying the bin is done, motor driver circuit is done and working. temperature sensor board is designed, need to stuff it.
WorkSchedule till presentation day
- how will I complete the remaining tasks in time?
- I'm trying to outsmart's Neil's theory that any we will be off by our time estimation by a factor of 'pi', by trying to compensate my instinctive estimations by multiplying it by 3.14. So far I have been inaccurate by a factor of 2 . (>.>)
Status of components
- what has worked?
- Compositing workflow, motor-controller
- what hasn't?
- Compositing workflow-joining 2 hemispheres of the bin (have used glue-gun now), sensor-controller
Frame - is laser-cut 7mm MDF
- what questions still need to be resolved?
- My inexperience with coding leaves me a little anxious about not being able to finish an interface for my input-dht22 sensor
Conclusions, learnings and parting advice to future students
- what have you learned?
- A whole world of possibilities in terms of possible solutions to human problems :)
- the fascinating world of microcontrollers and electrical components ..
- some profound insights on project management, sequencing and time management
- a newfound appreciation for how diverse human ideas can be, thanks to the global network of students
- DO NOT 'FORCE PUSH'
- DO stick to the weekly schedule
- DO follow all the safety procedures
- DO try out unfamiliar programs and workflows
Here lies all my FabAcademy files weekly seperated in a google drive - I did this as my data was lost in a burnt laptop, and all my files are scattered. I shal soon organise them and upload to the archive as soon as possible to comply with the requirements for evaluation. Apologies. Files repo