I need to know, to be able to work each week on the final project, how strong the electric motor must be to drive the brushes. Also I need to know if the brush size
works fine to collect the leafs of the grass and pushing them upwards. Also the rotating speeds needs to be defined.
I started in the weekend in my barn to look for scrap metal strips. The design of the spindle, thats holds the brushes, was made in the Week2. A square tube and round tube came across, with give me better idea to construct the spindle. This was much easier to fixate the brushes on.
The brushes have to be cut in half
To reduce the amount of frixion of the brushed, half of the nylon hairs where cut away.
The brushes where drilled and fixated with four M5 screws.
The axis was cut in half and slided into the tube. Fixet by a small screw so the test with the drilling machine could be done
Outside in the bad dutch winter weather, I did the first test. The result was above expectations.
The result is a very clean lawn. Even the leafs that slipped deep in to the grass, where sweeped out of the grass.
The rotating speed of the brushed where about 400 rpm. The old battery powered drilling machine didn't have any problems with resistance. Normaly when the force onto the machine is to high, it shuts off to protect te batteries. The rotating speed hardly went down.