PLEASE NOTE: Final Project Experiments involve weeks for:
- Input = Motion Sensor
- Output = LED Array
- Embedded Networking and Communications = programmed serial bus
- I also edited Neil's C and Make files from those weeks to develop a proof of concept for my device, which combines goals for those weeks as well.
- Tested code taken from Neil’s LED array:
- Serves as a proof of concept in code and via circuitry by use of an external power supply.
- I edited: the C code for the output device (using the LED Array Code)
- Before programming, my computer warned of me of a possible power overload for the board.
- I connected the FTDI cable to a different laptop only to have the bus node’s MCCu start smoking.
- There was a short circuit (just like the movie!) in the connecting ribbon
- cables that fried the MCCU.
- I redesigned my board layout and milled/stuffed a new one and it worked fine after.
The following is a simplified experiment of how I plan to program (using the LED array code) the LED strips as part of my final project device.
The idea is to have the LEDs flash and/or change color in response to motion sensing detection.
Additional components will be added for the final project's spiral development process.
Output Devices Documentation: