- Author :Jun Kawahara (FabLab Kamakura)
- Date created : 05/23/2019
- modified: 05/25/2019 (Kai Naito)
Assignments & Goal#
Refer to Assessment page
:confused: Not yet updated for 2019 evaluation standards
Design and produce something with a digital fabrication process (incorporating computer-aided design and manufacturing) not covered in another assignment, documenting the requirements that your assignment meets, and including everything necessary to reproduce it. Possibilities include (but are not limited to) composites, textiles, biotechnology, robotics, folding, and cooking.
- Demonstrate workflows used in the chosen process
- Select and apply suitable materials and processes to create your project.
- Shown how you made your project
- Described problems and how you fixed them
- Included your design files and ‘hero shot’ photos of the project
Can I make the assignment by hand?#
Answer: Although there can be manual processing steps, to count as digital fabrication the workflow should pass through design in a computer and some kind of automated output process. So programming the embroidery of circuits would count, but hand-stitching them wouldn’t.
Notes on assignment
- Process should involve computer-aided design and manufacturing.
- You cannot use the same technique that was covered in previous lectures.
- class page
- read the safety data sheet (SDS) and technical data sheet (TDS) for the resins that you’re using
- produce test coupons for your composite fabrication process(es)
- design and fabricate a 3D mold (~ft2) and produce a fiber composite part in it, with resin infusion and compaction
- group assignment - FabLab Kamakura 2018
- /presentation.png: 1920x1080
- /presentation.mp4: 1920x1080 HTML5
- Wed June 5 -> Thu June 6 (Eid al-Fitr, イド・アル＝フィトル)
Recitaion: May 27 events: Dina
- FAB14: Romain di Vozzo
- FAB15: Dina El-Zanfaly
- FAB16: Monique Chartrand
- FAB17: Tsewang
- FAN: Saverio
- Fab Festival: Adel++
- Nordic: Frosti
- Arab: Dina
- platform, serving, apps: Fiore
Asia Regional Review:
- on Tuesday 13:00-14:00 JST or 22:00-23:00 JST
- video conference for meetings:
Class on Wednesday 9:00 EST, 23:00 JST